An excellent pub/restaurant, with stone floors, nooks and crannies and winter fires. You can mix and match from the blackboard menu, which stretches from carefully cooked pub grub to more elaborate restaurant-style dishes. Food is carefully-sourced much of it locally.
So depending on the season possibles might be Meat and Potato Pie with Mushy Peas; Shepherds Pie; Queen Scallops (perhaps with spinach and Gruyère; Duck Confit or Fish of the Day. Theres an abundance of game in autumn and winter months again often served as a pie.
You might be tempted by Chocolate and Walnut Tart; Crème Brulée or excellent local cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.00, Sun 12.00-20.00; mains about £11 to £20
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-21.00, Sun 12.00-20.00; mains about £11 to £20
- Seats: 60, plus 50 outside
- Wine: a good list, based around France, with 28 varieties by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Skipton or Ilkley
- Directions: See the map on thispage.
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating