An excellent café, in a Grade II listed building, and run by the same family as when it was purpose-built in 1900.
The business is run along the lines someone familiar with the 1950's would recognise.
The standard of food offered runs along these lines - so expect good coffee, bacon sandwiches, steak pies, kidneys & chips and roast beef. Perhaps to be followed by the likes of bread & butter pudding.
Breakfast is particularly popular.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 7.00-16.00, English Breakfast £5.50; mains about £7 to £9
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Bethnal Green Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Sun, some Bank Holidays