This fine Victorian villa, overlooking the Team Valley houses a classical dining room and a modern conservatory - serving well-prepared dishes.
Expect the likes of 'Chicken Liver Parfait'; 'Smoked Duck and Orange Salad with Celeriac Rémoulade and Truffle Oil' and 'Goats' Cheese Rarebit with Parma Ham and Beetroot Salad' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Roast Pork, Parma Ham, Black Pudding and Parsley Mash'; 'Tournedos of Salmon with Roast Garlic, Puy Lentils and Red Wine'; 'Casserole of Monkfish with Spiced Mussel Broth' and 'Chive Gnocchi with Roast Squash, Spinach, Pine Nuts & Parmesan' among the mains.
If you have room, finish with 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Pecan Pie with Maple Syrup & Vanilla Mascarpone' or 'Baileys Crème Brulée'.
An overnight stay makes the evening more relaxing.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Sun-Fri 12.00-14.00 set L Mon-Fri £13.95 (2 courses) to £16.95; set L Sun £19.75 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-22.00; 'Early Bird' (17.30-18.45) set D Mon-Fri £13.95 (2 courses), £16.95 (3 courses); set D £21.95 (2 courses), £25.95 (3 courses)
- Seats: 80, plus 20 outside
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around £17
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Dunston Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: L Sat; D Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating
- Rooms available