Find this idealically-set restaurant, with a Thames-side position, down a single-track road on the edge of Goring. The garden and terrace stretch down to the waters edge. The food on offer, by chef Julia Abbey, is bang up to date and includes a many Pacific-Rim influences.
So expect the likes of 'Picked Crab with Sweet Tomato Salsa and Wasabi Lemon Cream'; 'Chicken Liver and Foie Gras Parfait' and 'Grilled Asparagus, deep-fried Duck Eggs, Vietnamese Mint, Caramelised Cashews, Chili Dressing' to begin.
Perhaps 'Monkfish with Mussels and Thai-Spiced Scallions'; 'Pan-Fried Parmesan and Risotto Cake, Cep Mushrooms, Boy Choy and Vanilla Butter'; and 'Slow-Cooked Lamb Shank, Creamed White Beans, Red Cabbage Confit and Pomergranite Jus' to follow.
Maybe finish with 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'Lemon Tart, Glazed Lemons with Crème Fraiche or their selection of British cheeses.
Service is both friendly and professional. No mobile phones.
Booking is absolutely essential at weekends and during fine weather.
- Lunch: all week; 12.00-14.00 (Sat 14.30, Sun 15.30); set L Mon-Sat £19.50 (2 courses) to £24.50, Set L Sun £29.50 (3 courses); mains £18.00 to £25.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-21.00 (Sat 21.30); mains £18.00 to £25; Tasting Menu from £58 (6 courses)
- Seats: 46, plus 50 outside
- Wine: a good list covers the world and kicks off at £20
- Children's portions: No children under 10
- Wheelchair access: please enquire
- Nearest station: Goring
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page - just off the B4009
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: D Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating