A little corner of France in the heart of Buckinghamshire, is how this restaurant has been described. Chef/patron Hubert Martel concentrates on traditional dishes and his menu listings have been unmoved by passing fashions.
So expect the likes of 'Duck Foie Gras Terrine'; 'Crevettes with Lemon Butter Sauce' and 'Mediterranean Fish Soup' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Fillet of Lamb with a Grain Mustard Sauce'; 'Roast Pigeon with 'vieux vinaigre'; 'Medallion of Venison with Red Cabbage' and 'Breast of Guinea Fowl with Lime' among the mains. There are always fish options - maybe various ways with monkfish or red mullet.
Desserts are equally traditional with maybe 'Crème Brulée'; 'Caramelised Lemon Tart' and 'Sliced Apple with Cinnamon Ice Cream' on offer.
Service, headed by Madame Martel is both professional and friendly.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: Closed
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.30-22.00; mains about £19 to £23
- Seats: 28
- Wine: a totally French list, kicks off in the low £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Great Missenden Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L all week; 2 Weeks Christmas, 2 weeks Easter, Bank Holidays