An excellent restaurant with its roots firmly set in South West France. The two comfortable dining rooms, silk curtains, crisp white napery and high-backed leather chairs. Bernard Lignier cooks to a high standard, and while menus are written in French, they are all translated.
Expect starters such as Watercress Soup with Crayfish Tails; Escalope of Duck Foie Gras with a Sweet and Sour Sauce and Lambs Sweetbreads and Serrano Ham with Fresh Noodles and a Wild Mushroom Sauce.
Maybe to be followed by Roast Veal with a Chive and Cream Sauce; Squab Pigeon Stuffed with Apricots, Chestnuts and Foie Gras; Saddle of Lamb with a Herb Crust and Butterbean Stew or their fish of the day expertly handled.
A short list of desserts might include Lemon Tart with Passion Fruit Sorbet and in summer months Raspberries and Strawberries with a Muscat Sabayon
Friendly and professional service is under the direction of Jane Lignier.
No mobile phones.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: Tues-Fri (bookings only) 12.00-13.00; set L £29.50; main courses £19.50
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.30; set D £29.50; mains £19.50
- Seats: 30
- Wine: an all French list kicks off at £15.50
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Kenilworth
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun & Mon, 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan