This old building on the market square has been converted into a modern restaurant. The traditional façade hides a brightly decorated, airy interior.
The kitchen offers an interesting menu of carefully-sourced produce, which changes on a daily basis.
Perhaps begin with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms on Toasted Brioche with a Poached Ducks Egg ; 'Deep-fried Salt Pollack Cakes with Tartare Sauce' or Twice-Baked Beaufort Soufflé with Crème Fraiche, Tomato and Chicory.
Maybe to be followed by Wild Sea Bass with Roasted Fennel and Garlic Mash or Breast of Gressingham Duck with Roasted Parsnip Purée and a Raspberry Vinegar Reduction
Finish with Pear Tarte Tatin or their selection of farmhouse cheeses.
Friendly, efficient service.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-14.00; mains £14.50 to £21. A Bistro Menu is also offered
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.00 (Sat 18.30-22.00); mains £14.50 to £21. A Bistro Menu is also offered except for at Saturday dinner
- Seats: 40
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £13.95
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Kings Lynn
- Directions: Opposite St. Margarets Church. See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Car park opposite
- Closed: all Sun & Mon; most Bank Holidays