Two excellent eateries are housed in this boutique hotel in Liverpools fashionable Hope Street. An excellent Brasserie - offering particularly-good-value lunches - and The London Carriage Works; a contender for one of the regions best restaurants.
Local suppliers have been carefully sourced the system running so well, that vegetables picked in the morning will be on your plate the same day, a high achievement even if the setting were rural!
The former offers dishes such as Severn & Wye Smoked Salmon with Potato Salad and Caper Vierge and Vine Tomato Salad with Shallots and Organic Olive Oil among the starters; perhaps Breast of Wooton Free-Range Chicken with Dauphinoise Potatoes and Red Onion Marmalade and Linguine of Field Mushrooms with Spinach, Mascarpone, Parmesan and Herb Salad among the mains.
The restaurant raises the game a further notch with maybe Pavé of Organic Salmon, mi-cuit, with Lemon Grass and Baby Vegetable Salad; Confit Shoulder of Black-Faced Suffolk Lamb with an Apricot, Almond and Sweetbread Salad or Open Ravioli of Beetroot, with Ridderton Ash Goats Cheese and Baby Beetroot Leaves to open.
Depending on the season, maybe Braised Barley Risotto with Wild Mushrooms, Mushroom Foam and Herb salad; Pan-Fried Fillet of Sea Bass, with Chick Peas 3 ways and Tempura Squid or Roast Fillet of Bowland Beef with Baby Beetroot, Watercress and Pommes Nanna to follow.
Finish with Chocolate Mousse with Cinnamon and Caramel Tuile, Nutella Foam and Praline Crunch; Toffee Roasted Pears with Pear Crisps, Couls and Salted Caramel Ice Cream or their selection of unpasteurised artisan cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.00;, Sun 12.00-21.00; set L £15 (2 courses) to £20; mains about £8 to £30
- Dinner: Restaurant Mon-Sat 17.30-21.30; 15 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses); mains about £15 to £30
- Seats: 60
- Wine: an extensive list covers the world and kicks off at around the £17 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Liverpool Central Rail
- Directions: In Liverpool's theatreland. See the map on this page.
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available