Find this seafood restaurant right on the quay and only yards from the local fish market. On a sunny day the views while dining, make this the perfect harbour setting - especially when the candles are lit.
Whilst seafood is the raison d'etre, there are plenty of options for vegetarians and meat eaters. Depending on the season, expect the likes of 'Grilled Cornish Goats' Cheese with a Grape & Walnut Salad'; 'Platter of Parma Ham with a Walnut and Herb Salad and Parmesan Shavings'; 'Leek and Potato Soup with Cornish Blue Cheese Croutons' and 'Gratin of Scallops, topped with Asparagus' among the starters. Perhaps 'Cornish Crab Risotto with Parmesan and Truffle Oil'; 'Fillet of Brill en Papillote' (with clams, ginger & garlic); 'Pan-Fried Duck Breast with Mint, Pea & Bacon Risotto and Balsamic Jus' and Casserole of Cornish Lamb Braised in St. Austell Tribute Ale with a Cauliflower Purée' among the mains. If you have room finish with 'Crème Brulée with Strawberries'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Cornish Ice Creams and Sorbets' or their selection of local cheeses.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week 11.00-22.00; mains about £12 to £28
- Dinner: all week 11.00-22.00; mains from about £12 to £28
- Seats: 40, plus 10 outside
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Looe Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: check Christmas openings