Find this country house hotel/restaurant about a mile out of town - where it enjoys splendid views over the countryside. The standard of cooking is high and dishes come beautifully-presented.
Expect the likes of 'Terrine of Foie Gras with Brioche Toast'; 'Chocolate Ravioli of Game in a Fresh Girolle Mushroom Velouté' and 'Millefeuille of White Asparagus' among the starters.
While dishes such as 'Paupiette of Sea Bass with a Red Mullet Farce'; 'Supreme of Squab Pigeon with Savoy Cabbage Choucroute' and 'Noisette of Lamb with a Liquorice Sauce' set the style for main courses.
Perhaps finish with 'Warm Poached Apple, Pain d'Epice Ice Cream'; 'Croustillant of White Chocolate with Griottine Cherry' or their excellent selection of French and British cheeses.
No children of under 7 years of age, but children's meals can be prepared by arrangement and are served between 18.00 and 18.45.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; set L £27.50 to £32.50
- Dinner: all week 19.00-21.00; set D £42.50 to £59.50
- Seats: 78
- Wine: a list that concentrates on France, kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible. But no children under 7 in the dining room
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Ludlow Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page - on the B4361, 1 mile towards Leominster
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Rooms available