As well as offering top-quality café-style dishes (all day), Fitzbillies are nationally renowned for their Chelsea Buns – which are also offered by mail order/online.
On the main meal food front, the day begins with variations on Breakfast – ranging from Pancakes through Scrambled Eggs, Smoked Salmon & Toast to Full English Breakfast.
The menu expands at lunchtime to include more substantial dishes, such as 'Swiss Chard Leaves Stuffed with Pearl Barley, Leeks & Wobbly Bottom & Roasted Salsify'; 'Spiced Brisket with Mustard Dumplings, Carrot & Swede'; 'Pheasant, Apple & Celery Pie with Creamed Black Cabbage' and 'Grilled Mackerel & Potato with Braised Fennel & Chicory' featured on a short autumn menu.
There are puds, such as 'Macaroni with Quince Jam' and 'Profiteroles with Hot Chocolate Sauce'.
Coffee & Cakes, to eat in or take away, are popular throughout the day.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-18.00, Sat 9.00-18.30, Sun 9.30-18.30; Full English Breakfast £10; mains about £8 to £12
- Seats: 45
- Wine: a short list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Cambridge Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th Dec to early Jan