As well as offering top-quality café-style dishes (all day), Fitzbillies are nationally reknown for their Chelsea Buns - which are also offered by mail order/online.
On the main meal food front, expect the likes of Soup & Soda Bread, Sausage Roll with Seasonal Ketchup and their Cold Cutting Pie for lunch.
More substantial dishes, such as 'Swiss Chard Leaves Stuffed with Pearl Barley, Leeks & Wobbly Bottom & Roasted Salsify'; 'Spiced Brisket with Mustard Dumplings, Carrot & Swede'; 'Pheasant, Apple & Celery Pie with Creamed Black Cabbage' and 'Grilled Mackerel & Potato with Braised Fennel & Chicory' featured on a short autumn menu.
There are puds, such as 'Macaroni with Quince Jam' and 'Profiteroles with Hot Chocolate Sauce'.
Coffee & Cakes, to eat in or take away, are popular throughout the day.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 10.00-17.30, Fri & Sat 10.00-17.00, Sun 10.00-17.30; mains about £9 to £12
- Dinner: Thurs, Fri & Sat 18.00-21.30; mains about £15 to £22
- Seats: 45
- Wine: a short list kicks off at about £16
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Cambridge Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th Dec to early Jan