An excellent Chinese restaurant, which some prefer to its more prestigious brother 'Yang Sing' (q.v.). The food on offer is basically Cantonese in style, and all the old favourites are listed - but cooked to a high standard.
Their Dim Sum is as good as any in the area and there's plenty of choice for vegetarians - especially if you like tofu; while their Banquet Menu makes ordering easy for the uninitiated.
The colourful décor helps give a pleasant buzzy atmosphere
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.30; Fri 12.00-24.00; Sat 12.00-00.30am; Sun 12.00-22.45; set L £9.50 (2 courses), £11.50 (3 courses); mains £8.50 to £14.50
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.30; Fri 12.00-24.00; Sat 12.00-00.30am; Sun 12.00-22.45; set D £18.50 (min 2 people) to £28.95 Banquet Menu (min 2 people); mains £8.50 to £14.50
- Seats: 240
- Wine: a simple but adequate list kicks off at about £12.50
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Directions: Chinatown - See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned