A good Chinese restaurant, which some prefer to its more prestigious brother 'Yang Sing' (q.v.). The food on offer is basically Cantonese in style, and all the old favourites are listed - but cooked to a high standard.
Their Dim Sum is as good as any in the area and there's plenty of choice for vegetarians - especially if you like tofu; while their Banquet Menu makes ordering easy for the uninitiated.
The colourful décor helps give a pleasant buzzy atmosphere
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: all week 12.00-late; set L £12.50 (2 courses), £14.50 (3 courses); mains about £10 to £18
- Dinner: all week 12.00-late; set D from £24.50 (min 2 people); mains about £10 to £18
- Seats: 240
- Wine: a simple but adequate list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Manchester Piccadilly Rail
- Directions: Chinatown - See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned