A good vegetarian café/food shop (q.v.), run as a co-operative and offering excellent value for carefully prepared food.
Many of the items offered are vegan and food on offer includes soups - such as Mulligatawny or Lentil and Coconut, and more substantial dishes such as Caribbean Stew and Hungarian Goulash. But the day kicks off with breakfast which is offered until 11.30.
Puds aren't forgotten and might include Apple Sponge Pudding, Vegan Pancakes and the like.
All dishes are available to take away.
10% reduction for students.
- Food Style: Vegetarian Cafes
- Lunch: Café: Mon-Fri 9.00-19.00, Sat 9.30-17.30; mains about £4 to £7
- Dinner: Café: Mon-Fri 9.00-19.00, mains from £4 to £7
- Seats: Yes, but not lavatory
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Oxford Road Manchester Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Sun; some Bank Holidays