This converted pub, might not look so inviting from the outside, but once in, has been attractively designed most of it now being a stylish modern bistro.
This offers modern dishes in a light-style, with perhaps Carrot and Lemon Grass Soup with a Sweet Potato Crisp; Chicken Liver Paté with Onion Marmalade and Sweet Potato & Gruyere Tartlet with Rocket among the starters. Perhaps Roast Rump of Lamb with Shallot & Thyme Purée; Rib Eye of Local Beef wth Pont Neuf Chips and Bearnaise Sauce and Calves Liver & Bacon with Mash & Red Wine Gravy among the mains.
Desserts are traditional with maybe Apple Crumble with Vanilla Bean Custard; Rice Pudding with Homemade Jam and Coffee Crème Brulée with an Amaretto Biscuit on offer. Service is both professional and friendly.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; mains about £11 to £26 + Bar Menu; L Sun Carvery £13 + a la carte
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.30; mains about £11 to £26; Bar Menu also available
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Henley-on-Thames
- Directions: See the map on this page - on the A4130 a few miles north of Henley-on-Thames
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: Restaurant 28 Sun to Thurs; check Christmas openings
- Outside eating
- Rooms available