An Italian brasserie/trattoria operation mixing dishes from Italy with a few French twists.
Antipasti such a 'Wild Mushroom & Potato Soup'; 'Roasted Piedmontese Pepper with Buffalo Mozzarella'; 'San Daniele Ham, Pistachio Mortadella, Fennel Salami & Young Pecorino Cheese with Picked Vegetables' and 'Cured Wild Halibut with Fennel & Horseradish Coleslaw' set the style.
A selection of pasta and risotto dishes might include 'Braised Oxtail Ragu with Rigatoni' and 'Smoked Haddock & Parsley Risotto with Poached Egg' plus stone-baked pizzas are also offered.
Plus more substantial meals, such as 'Braised free-range corn-fed Chicken with Preserved Lemon, Olives & Sardinian Couscous'; 'Barbecued Lamb Rump with Sauté Potatoes & Rosemary Aioli'; '8oz Ribeye Steak with Grilled Mushroom, Red Wine Sauce or Béarnaise' and 'Rare-grilled Tuna with Green Beans, Roasted Tomato & Black Olives'.
Those with a sweet tooth can perhaps indulge in 'Pannacotta with Raspberries' or 'Rich Chocolate Torta with Pistachio Ice Cream'.
Service is both friendly and professional.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-23.00; set L £11.75 (2 courses); mains about £11 to £21; set L Sun £13.95 (1 course)
- Dinner: all week, 10.00-23.00; mains about £11 to £21; early set D £11.75 (2 courses)
- Seats: 110, plus about 50 outside
- Wine: a concise Italian list kicks off at about £16 and is backed up by cocktails & beers
- Children's portions: Children's menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating