« back to restaurants search results
Monster Mash Edinburgh4a Forrest Road, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH1 2QN
Part of this popular café's brief is to re-construct a 1950's eaterie; and certainly, the older generation will recognise the Formica tables and kitchen-style chairs along with tomato-shaped ketchup containers.
The day starts with breakfast item stretching from corn flakes to full-cooked breakfasts - with some half-way options offered, some vegetarian.
The main events are sausages, offered in four varieties, and made from either free-range pork or Scottish beef. To these you can mix and match four types of mash and three gravies.
There are also specials, such as 'Steak Pie & Chips'; 'MacSween Haggis, Neeps & Tatties' and 'Fish Pie'.
A few desserts, such as 'Apple Crumble'; 'Knickerbocker Glory' and 'Deep-Fried Ice Cream' might tempt you.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-22.00; Sat 9.00-22.00; Sun 10.00-22.00; mains £5.50 to £6.45
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 8.00-22.00; Sat 9.00-22.00; Sun 10.00-22.00; mains £5.50 to £6.45
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Waverley
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays