Set in what was originally a farmhouse, this building now houses a modern bistro-style restaurant so bright colours and modern furnishings rub shoulders with old fireplaces and oak beams.The cooking is modern and the ingredients used, well-sourced. So expect the likes of 'Pressed Ham Hock Terrine with Sauce Gribeche'; 'Asparagus Risotto with Poached Hen's Egg and a Mustard Vinaigrette' and 'Wilmslow Smoke House Salmon with Tian of Brixham Crab and a Cucumber Gazpacho' to begin.
Perhaps 'Roasted Rack of Lamb with Dauphinoise Potatoes, Wilted Spinach and Basil Lamb Jus'; 'Half a Crispy Duck with Sautéed Plums, Chinese Greens and a Redcurrant Ginger Sauce' and 'Blackened Supreme of Cajun Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash, Tomato and Red Onion Salsa' to follow.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Dark Chocolate and Pistachio Parfait'; 'Seared Marinated Pineapple with Mascarpone Sorbet'; 'Crème Brulée' or perhaps their mini-dessert selection.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; set L £16.95; mains £12 to £27; a bar menu is also available
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-22.00; set D Mon-Fri £16.95 (2 courses) to £19.95; mains £12 to £27; a bar menu is also available
- Seats: 80, plus 12 outside
- Wine: a well-thought-out list kicks off at £16.95
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Prestbury
- Closed: D Sun; 24th to 26th Dec & 1st Jan
- Outside eating