Find this excellent restaurant with rooms down a 15 mile scenic single-track road. The beauty of the journey alone makes a visit here worthwhile.
Chef Clare Johnson makes the best of the top-quality local produce which is on their doorstep, and without over elaborating and spoiling natural flavours, her cooking standards are high.
A summer menu brought the likes of 'Gazpacho with Tomato & Basil Soup'; 'Kilberry Potted Crab with Lemon & Hot Granary Toast' and 'Brown Onion & Basil Pissaladière' among the choice of starters.
Followed by 'Grilled Halibut with Baby Broad Beans & Lemon & Dill Dressing'; 'Roasted Rump of Ormsary Lamb with Puy Lentils' and 'Seared Sound of Jura Monkfish, with White Bean & Parsley Purée & Salsa Verde' among the mains.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Chocolate Crème Brulée with Lemon Biscuits and Banana & Passion Fruit Sorbet' or their selection of artisan farmhouse cheeses.
Partner David Wilson expertly handles front of house.
- Food Style: Modern Scottish
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.15-14.15; mains £9.50 to £13.95
- Dinner: Tues-Sun from 18.30; mains £9.75 to £15.95
- Seats: 32
- Wine: an interesting list travels the world, kicking off at £15.50
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: all Mon, enquire about Christmas openings
- Rooms available