A canteen-style restaurant in a community centre for the Vietnamese locals. Standards are high, particularly when their prices are taken into consideration. But don't expect frills.
Begin with one of their many traditional soups or rice wrappers hiding treats - such as prawns, squid or tofu.
To be followed by the likes of Barbecued Tuna, wrapped in a Banana Leaf ; Steamed Sea Bass or various noodle dishes.
Simple desserts such as Crème Caramel - complete the picture.
The atmosphere is buzzy and a good time seems to be had by all.
- Food Style: Vietnamese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.30 (Sat 16.00); set L £7 (2 courses); mains about £7 to £10
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-23.00; mains about £7 to £10
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a short list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Dalston Kingsland Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: Christmas and New Year