Find this excellent sushi restaurant in a modern development, surrounded by Brightons famous Lanes.
Sustainability figures highly on their menu options which stretch from choosing colour-coded plates of delicacies as they drift past you on the conveyor, or more serious options from the carte. Indeed, the owners are founder member of Pisces - campaigning for the use of only sustainable fish species. Their other offerings, such as free-range chicken, are sourced with equal care.
Starters here change with the seasons, but might include the likes of Gyoza Vegetable and Pork Dumplings; Chicken Yakitou or Seared Tataki Tuna Sashimi among the starters.
Steamed and Grilled Freshwater Eel, basted in Teriyaki Sauce; Chicken Oyako (free-range chicken poached with eggs, with seasonal vegetables); Tempura (including a Veg. option) and their daily offering of Cornish fish simply grilled or with Ponzu Sauce among the mains.
Simple desserts such as Green Tea Ice Cream; Seasonal Fruit Salad or Chocolate Pot might round off your meal.
A good-value take away service operates.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-22.30; mains from £8.50 to £12.50; plates from £1.50
- Dinner: Tues-Sun 12.00-22.30; mains from £8.50 to £12.50; plates from £1.50
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £13.80; they also offer a good selection of sake and natural juices
- Nearest station: Brighton
- Directions: In the Lanes between North Street and the sea. See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street Parking or NCP
- Closed: all Mon; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned