Although describing itself as a 'tearoom and ice cream parlour', this is actually more of a destination venue for children of all ages.
It's to be found down some twisty lanes close to Britain's southern extremity and on arrival, you'll find an organic farm concentrating on making ice cream and frozen yoghurt from their herd of Jersey cattle. This is made in over 70 varieties (generally over 20 offered at any one time) and offered from their Ice Cream Parlour or to take away in individual or catering-sized containers.
For more substantial items, you can enjoy soups, pizzas, salads, pies and casseroles - or their home-made Cornish pasties.
There's so much more to enjoy here - from visiting The Gallery which provides a showcase for the furniture and glass items made on the farm; some of the former, made from driftwood - or perhaps watching the days milking (between 16.30-17.30 every day) from a viewing area.
Summer brings evening barbecues, with music - so enquire about these.
Some of their jams, chutneys and their own Clotted Cream Fudge are available - or can be sent as presents by mail order.
They also have cottages which are let out.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: all week 9.00-18.00; mains about £6 to £14
- Dinner: Occasional summer Barbecues with music, please enquire
- Wine: a short list is backed up by their own organic cider and apple juice
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Falmouth or Camborne Rail
- Directions: Phone ahead for precise directions, or see the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Outside eating