An excellent place to enjoy seafood overlooking a creek in a relaxing atmosphere. Being able to eat outside, in fine weather makes a visit here a real pleasure.
As well as offering oysters in half a dozen ways including au natural and Rockafeller their all seafood menu avoiding any threatened species includes the likes of Seafood Chowder and Home-Cured Gravadlax among its starters.
Perhaps to be followed by Grilled Local Black Bream, with Leeks, Bacon and Saffron; Roasted Ray Wing, with Beurre Noir and Capers or Monkfish with Chorizo Sausage and a Tomato and Basil Sauce.
Crab and Lobster are offered in various ways as is the whole hog of a plate of Fruits de Mers although its wise to give prior notice to give them time to assemble the goodies.
Early risers can enjoy breakfast from 8.30, when you arent restricted to fish!
They have a branch (the original) at Milburn Orchard Farm, Bigbury (q.v.) which is run along similar lines.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; mains about £10 to £21 check for shorter winter opening hours
- Dinner: all week 19.00-22.00; mains about £10 to £21 check for shorter winter opening hours
- Wine: a well-thought-out list is naturally based on whites & kicks off at around the £16 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: please enquire
- Directions: just below Shadycombe car park - see the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Shadycombe car park
- Outside eating