Find this restaurant/hotel set in the delightful gardens, and with marvellous views over Kilbrannan Sound, on the edge of Port Righ Bay.
Chef/Proprietor Alyson Milstead offers a menu free of unnecessary complications but relying on the excellent produce and seafood of the area.
Starters might include the likes of 'Locally-smoked Mussels in Garlic Butter with Bacon Lardons' and 'Parmesan Mushrooms, layered with Cream and Tomato'.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Local Scallops with Cherry Tomatoes, Chili and Cotiander'; 'Breast of Chicken stuffed with Garlic Butter and wrapped in Prosciutto' or - in season - 'Kintyre Venison Fillet Steak with Cranberry and Port Compote'.
Round off your meal with 'Crème Brulèe with Raspberries'; 'Hot Chocolate Cake doused in a Chocolate and Drumbuie Sauce' or their plate of local cfarmhouse cheeses, served with oatcakes.
Unless you're a local, you might want to stay overnight in one of their comfortable bedrooms - with the sound of the sea in your ears.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Dinner: all week, 7.30 (1 sitting); set D £21 (2 courses) to £24
- Seats: 24
- Wine: a concise list covers the world and kicks off at £11.95
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Closed: L all week; check Christmas openings
- Rooms available