Find this popular family bar and restaurant overlooking Tayvallich's picturesque little harbour, in Loch Sween. The comfortable bar, with its nautical theme, is very much the village local, while the separate dining room has splendid views of the Loch.
The menu concentrates on local produce, so as well as seafood expect top-quality beef, lamb and seasonal game.
Starters such as 'Seared Scallops on a Pea Purée with Black Pudding'; 'Mussels steamed with White Wine, Garlic and Cream' and 'Fresh Rock Oysters' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Langoustines Grilled with Cayenne Pepper and Olive Oil'; 'Local Rib-Eye of Beef with Onion Rings and Tomatoes' or 'Beer Battered Haddock and Chips with a Salad and Tartare Sauce'.
If you have room, finish with 'Basil and White Chocolate Pot' or their selection of local farmhouse cheeses.
Friendly and relaxing service.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week; 12.00-21.00
- Dinner: all week; 12.00-21.00
- Seats: 40, plus an outside terrace
- Wine: a short, but adequate list
- Children's portions: Yes, but no children after 20.00
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Directions: on the narrow B8025 south of Bellanoch, towards Keills Chapel.
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: on Mondays, between Nov & March; check Christmas openings
- Outside eating