Find this excellent restaurant in what was a run-down pub. It's now been lovingly transformed into a chic dining room with lilac walls, high-backed leather chairs and slate floors.
Local produce figures prominently- so among the starters, you might find 'Pan-Fried Scallops with Smoked Primrose Herd Bacon, Pine Nuts and a Chive Dressing'; 'Smoked Duck Breast with Chilled Apple and Rocket Salad and Red Onion Chutney' and 'Provencale Fish Soup with Chili Relish and Basil Oil' among the starters.
To be followed by the likes of 'Grilled Fillet of Brill, with home-made Black Pasta and Lobster, Lobster Jus and a Red Pepper Dressing'; 'Pan-fried Calves Liver with Bok Choi, Ginger, Spring Onions and Chili Relish' or 'Roast Duck with Crispy Skin and a Spicy Orange Sauce'.
Finish with 'Dark Chocolate Marquise with White Chocolate Ice Cream'; ' Mandarin Sorbet with Kiwi Purée' or their selection of farmhouse English cheeses.
Don't miss their excellent Petits Fours, as chef/proprietor is a chocolate specialist.
Service, headed by Melanie Tabb, is both friendly and professional.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 12.00-14.00; set L from £25; mains about £16 to £21; set L Sun £19.50 (2 courses), £25 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.00; mains about £16 to £22; set D from £25
- Seats: 30
- Wine: an interesting list kicks off at around the £19 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Truro Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sun & Mon; check Christmas openings