Find this excellent bistro, in the same ownership as the nearby Brula Bistrot and La Saveur (both q.vs), close to St. Magdalenes Church. Although very much a bistro in cooking style, the dining room has a general air of smartness.Expect to find the likes of 'Ballottine of Salmon with Herb Crème Fraiche'; 'Char-grilled Ox Tongue with Frisée and Apple Salad' and 'Dorset Crab with Fennel Rémoulade and Chorizo Dressing' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Char-grilled Sardines with a Salad and New Potatoes'; 'Braised Belly Pork with Choucroute and Bacon' and 'Fillet of Scottish Beef with Red Wine and Shallot Jus and Potato Rosti' among the mains.
Finish with a simple dessert, such as 'Chocolate Parfait with Crème Fraiche' or 'Raspberry Crème Brulée'.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-15.00; set L Mon-Sat £15.50 (2 courses), £19.50 £ courses); set L Sun £18.50; mains about £13 to £24
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-23.00; set D £17.50 (2 courses), £19.50 (3 courses); mains £13 to £24
- Seats: 40, plus 36 outside
- Wine: a concise French list kicks off at around the £16 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Richmond
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan, Good Fri, Easter Sun
- Outside eating