Find this enormous Cantonese restaurant in one of the early parts of the Elephant & Castle re-development. On entering to the right of their magnificent Chinese doors, you'll find yourself in a vast dining room, simply decorated, but enhanced by wood-carved dragons and massive chandeliers.
The standard of food on offer, puts most Cantonese restaurants to shame. For as well as the more familiar offerings such as noodles dish and sweet and sour dishes, you'll find the likes delicious 'Won Ton Soup'; 'Eel Strips, Stir-Fried with Chili' and 'Crispy Salt & Pepper Squid' among the comprehensive list of starters.
'Steamed Chicken with Ginger Sauce'; 'Swordfish with Chili, Garlic and Lime Juice' and 'Pork Hock with Preserved Plums' among the mains. The latter is particularly delicious, but really needs to be shared between friends - as part of a meal.
Desserts include the normal Chinese fare of lychee and toffee bananas; but all in all, a visit here is thoroughly recommended.
Friendly, helpful service, means a good time should be had by all.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00; Fri & Sat 12.00-23.30; set meals from £15.80 (2 people min), mains £7 to £16 - plus Dim Sum
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00; Fri & Sat 12.00-23.30; set meals from £15.80 (2 people min), mains £7 to £16
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Elephant & Castle Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned