A good neighbourhood Chinese restaurant, specialising in dim sum and seafood.
Their menu lists over 150 items, but dishes such as 'Peking Ravioli with Chili Oil'; 'Deep-Fried Asparagus with Salt and Pepper' and 'Garlic Butterfly Prawns' set the style for starters.
Maybe to be followed by 'Chicken in Lemon Sauce'; 'Squid with Black Beans with Green Peppers and Chili'; 'Monkfish Slices with Onions and Spring Greens'; 'Pan-Fried Duck Breast brushed with Honey and Black Pepper' - or if you wish to push the boat out 'Lobster with Ginger and Spring Onions'.
Service is both friendly and professional.
Kingsland High Streetand the smart 'Shanghai Blue' in Holborn (both q.v's) are under the same ownership.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.30-14.45; Sat 12.30-24.00; Sun 12.30-23.15; dim sum item from £2; mains £6.80 to £27.00
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.30-23.30; Sat 12.30-24.00; Sun 12.30-23.15; mains £6.80 to £27.00
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a concise, but well thought out, list kicks off at £10.20
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Belsize Park
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays