Find this homely restaurant/hotel, run by the Harrison family since the early 1980's, near the tip of the LlynPeninsula. It's a marvellous place for a 'walking' base or stopover, particularly if you like seafood - which forms the basis of their menu.
This follows the seasons, and uses the best of the local produce avalable; but a summer visit might bring 'Seared Scallops with Anchovy and Lemon Butter'; 'Duck Spring Rolls with Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce' or a 'Warm Tomato and Mozzarella Tart'.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Half a Aberdaron Lobster with a Cognac Cream Sauce'; 'Cutlets of Salt Marsh Lamb with Rosemary and Mint' or 'Local Pork and Leek Sausages with Mustard Mash'.
Desserts are a high point with the likes of 'Orange Crème Brulée with homemade Shortbread'; 'Warm Chocolate Muffins with Strawberry Ice Cream' on offer. While those with a more savoury tooth will be tempted by their selection of Welsh artisan cheeses.
If you stay overnight, try to have a room with a sea view.
- Food Style: Modern Welsh
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.00; mains from £7.50 to £14.95
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-20.30; mains from £7.50 to £14.95
- Wine: a short list, has modest mark ups.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Pwllheli
- Directions: at the end of the B4413 west of Pwllheli
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec. All Jan.
- Rooms available