A good specialist seafood restaurant on the pier, much of their offerings being caught by the proprietors. They also own a smokehouse, nearby, which also contributes to the excellent fare on offer. (See both our 'Shop' & 'Mail Order' sections).
Expect to find the likes of 'Sweet & Sour Oysters' 'Cullen Skink' and 'Mussel Risotto' among the starters.
Perhaps ' Grilled Salmon Tournedos with Fennel, Corn and Blueberry Salsa'; 'Langoustine on a bed of Mache and Candied Carrot Quenelle with Orange' or 'Roast Mallaig Cod with Creamy Mash and Parsley Sauce'.
If you have room, finish with 'Chocolate Marquise'; 'Sticky Fig Apricot and Ginger Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce' or their selection of Scottish cheeses.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week; 12.00-14.30; mains about £15 to £20; set L £12.95 (2 courses)
- Dinner: all week (during spring & summer - see below); 18.00-21.00; mains about £15 to £20
- Seats: 66
- Wine: a concise list, kicks off at around £16
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Fort William Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: D early Oct to early April; a few days over Christmas and New Year