Find this good bistro-style restaurant in a 15th timber-framed building.
Chef/co-proprietor Jerome Dehoux offers a French-based menu with starters such as 'Soupe à L'Ognions'; 'Escargot with Burgundy Sauce & Crispy Potatoes'; 'Terrine de Canard' and 'Seared Scallops with Cauliflower & Bacon Purée and Black Pudding'.
Mains perhaps including 'Mushroom Strogonoff'; 'Rabbit Stuffed with Goats Cheese & Sun Dried Tomato with an Apricot Sauce' and 'Assiette de Pecheur - fish platter of fillet of sea bass, scallop, tuna, salmon & prawns'.
Desserts aren't forgotten - with perhaps 'Vanilla Crème Brulée'; 'Warm Apple-Walnut Flan with Honey Cream Anglaise & Green Apple Sorbet' and a Chocolate pud on offer.
Friendly, helpful service.
Sunday lunch brings jazz between 12.00 and 3.00.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; set L £12.95 (2 courses), £14.95 (3 courses); mains £11 to £23
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00; set D Mon-Thurs £19.95 (3 courses), set D Fri & Sat £24.95 (3 courses); mains £11 to £23
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at about the £14 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Luton Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page