Find this smart hotel's second string eaterie in nicely-converted stables, where you'll unusually find both rafters and chandeliers. But you'll still be able to enjoy Capability Brown's designed parkland!
Unless you particularly want a more plush experience - you'll find much better value here, rather than in the hotel's Wernher Restaurant flagship.
You'll find the likes of 'Baked Camembert'; 'Black Pudding Spring Rolls'; 'Ballontine of Scottish Salmon - with cauliflower cream & baby watercress' and 'Pan-Seared Scallops with Pea Purée with Beetroot Syrup' amongst the starters.
Perhaps 'Grilled Fillet of Hake with Chorizo Risotto & Pea Shoot Salad'; 'Casterbridge Lamb - cutlet & pressed shoulder - with Sweet Potato Purée & Stem Broccoli'; 'Pavé of Summer Vegetables with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms & Roasted Baby Beetroot' - plus burgers and steaks from the grill listed on early summer mains.
Puds aren't to be missed, with possibly 'Coconut Pannacotta with Pineapple Carpaccio & Macerated Raspberries' and 'Chocolate Torte - with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream' there to tempt you.
Sunday lunch brings the bonus of live jazz.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.00, Sun 12.30-17.00; mains £14 to £23; L Sun £37.50 (3 courses + Jazz)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00; mains £14 to £23
- Wine: a lengthy list offers good choice by the glass - but prices are firm
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Luton Airport Parkway or Harpenden Rail
- Directions: See the map on page
- Closed: D Sun; check Christmas openings
- Rooms available