Find these marvellous bakers, with an excellent café/tea room/restaurant, just opposite the Almeida Theatre. They seemingly combine the best skills and techniques from around the world.
So expect the best croissant (made over three days), sour-doughs, Middle Eastern delicacies, plus excellent cakes, tarts and pastries - plus top-class bread and cakes to take away. They have branches in Kensington, Belgravia and Notting Hill (q.v's). At the time of writing, the cafe doesn't take bookings.
- Food Style: Mediterranean
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 8.00-23.00; Sun 9.00-19.00; mains about £22; £18.80 (2 salads)), £21.60 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00 (Thurs-Sat 22.30), Sun 9.00-19.00; mains about £12 to £14
- Seats: 48, plus 6 outside
- Wine: a short list kicks off in the mid £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Angel or Highbury & Islington
- Directions: See the map on this page - opposite the Almeida Theatre
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating