This modern, and minimalistically-decorated Chinese restaurant, is unusual in the fact that it specialises in the cooking of the Shanghai region, which is richer and sweeter than the Cantonese cooking most of us encounter on a more regular basis.
The Shanghai specialities are highlighted on the menu. While you'll still find familiar favourites such as 'Beef in Black Bean Sauce' and the like.
However, you might be tempted by 'Hot Pot with Sea Cucumber'; 'Scallop, Prawn and Tofu Hotpot' or their popular 'Cold Combination Platter' - which includes marinated meats (including shredded roast chicken), smoked fish and dried tofu - is thoroughly recommended.
Friendly and helpful service.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-24.00; set L £9; mains from £6.50-£9.75
- Dinner: all week, 12.00-24.00; pre theatre dinner £9; mains from £6.50-£9.75
- Wine: a short list kicks off at £11
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Leicester Square
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking or NCP
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned