This elegant restaurant, set in the comfortable Kinloch House Hotel is a destination restaurant in its own right.
The kitchen specialises in local produce and his kitchens produce dishes of a high standard.
While the menu’s follow the seasons, starters such as ‘Terrine of Lamb Confit with Apricot Chutney & Marinated Sultanas’; ‘Smoked Salmon with Shallots & Capers’; ‘Smoked Haddock Risotto’; ‘Ceam of Carrot, Honey & Ginger Soup’ and ‘Breast of Pigeon with Wild Mushrooms & Madeira Sauce’ set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by ‘Breast of Gressingham Duck with Plum Tart Tatin, Potato Rosti and a Prune & Apple Sauce’; ‘Fillet of Halibut with a Herb Risotto with Aubergine Caviar, Leeks, Tomatoes & White Wine Sauce’ and ‘Slow-Cooked Feather Blade Steak with Creamed Leeks, Wild Mushrooms, Fondant Potatoes & Red Wine Sauce’.
Finish with ‘Crème Brulée’; ‘Banana Mousse with Caramelised Banana’; ‘Prune & Almond Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream’ or their selection of farmhouse cheeses with oatmeal biscuits, grapes & celery.
Jacket & Tie required; and no children under 7, catered for.
- Food Style: Modern Scottish
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00, set L £29.99 (2 courses) £34.99 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £75; a light bar lunch menu is also offered
- Dinner: all week 19.00-21.00, set D £65 (5 courses)
- Seats: 40
- Wine: a concise, but well-thought-out list, travels the globe kicking off in the mid £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: 3rd week of Dec. to end of Dec.
- Rooms available