What is still the village local (and run as a co-operative between nearly 60 villagers), is also a deservedly-popular dining pub.
You'll find dishes such as 'Ham Hock Terrine with Celeriac Rémoulade'; 'Chicken Liver Parfait with Cranberry Compote' and 'Salmon & Dill Fishcake with Creamed Leeks & Salad Leaves' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Devon Ham, organic Eggs & home-made Chips'; 'Sautéed Lambs Kidneys with Mustard Sauce & Mash'; 'Fish Pie' and 'Beef & Ale Pie' listed among the mains.
There are always interesting Specials listed on a blackboard.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.00, Sun 12.00-15.30; mains £7.95 to £15.95
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.00; mains £7.95 to £15.95
- Wine: a concise, but carefully-chosen, list kicks off at £15.95
- Directions: See the map on this page