« back to restaurants search results
Taj Mahal Penzance63 Daniel Place, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4DU
The best, and most reliable, Indian restaurant in the town. A modern interior and discrete lighting make a pleasant atmosphere, although the tables are tightly packed.
The menu relies heavily on the tandoor, but this leads to 'honest' dishes with 'Taj Mahal Mixed Special (sheek kebab, onion bhaji and chicken tikka) recommended starter and 'Lamb Tikka Marichi' deservedly popular.
They offer various 'Specials' which need 24 hours notice, these include slow-cooked Kurz Chicken or Lamb.
They have branches at St.Austell and under the 'Grameen' name at Hayle.
- Food Style: Indian
- Dinner: all week; 17.30-23.30; mains from about £7 to £12
- Wine: a short wine list is backed up lager-type beers suitable for curries
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Penzance Rail
- Directions: See map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays