« back to restaurants search results
Taj Mahal St Austell57 Victoria Road, Mount Charles, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 4QF
The best, and most reliable, Indian restaurant in the town. A modern interior and discrete lighting make a pleasant atmosphere, although the tables are tightly packed.
The menu relies heavily on the tandoor, but this leads to 'honest' dishes with 'Taj Mahal Mixed Special (sheek kebab, onion bhaji and chicken tikka) recommended starter and 'Lamb Tikka Marichi' deservedly popular.
They offer various 'Specials' which need 24 hours notice, these include slow-cooked Kurz Chicken or Lamb.
They have branches at Penzance and under the 'Grameen' name at Hayle.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week; 12.00-14.00; mains about £8 to £14
- Dinner: all week; 17.00-23.00; mains about £8 to £14
- Wine: a short just is suitably backed by lager-type beers ideal for curries
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: St. Austell Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking