A café-style restaurant (in the Swanpool Nature Reserve), with an almost perfect setting, and a boarded terrace overlooking the sea.
They specialise in local fish cooked in both simple and Mediterranean styles. So dishes depend on the catch; although there are meat options, including steaks.
Starters such as 'Cornish Mussels with White Wine, Herbs & Cream'; 'Potted Cornish Crab' and 'Goats Cheese & Beetroot Salad' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by main courses, such as 'Baked Sea Bass with Thyme and Orange Butter'; 'Roasted Fillet of Hake with Sauté Potatoes and Samphire' and 'Fish & Chips with Chunky Chips & Mushy Peas'.
A few puds, such as 'Orange Tart with Chocolate Ice Cream' and 'Strawberry & Rose Wine Jelly with Crème Anglaise' are there to tempt you.
Very popular, especially in fair weather, when you can eat outside.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week; 12.00-14.30; mains about £12 to £24 - plus Tapas about £3 each
- Dinner: all week; 18.30-21.30; mains from about £12 to £24 - plus Tapas about £3 each
- Wine: a concise, but adequate, list has modest mark ups
- Children's portions: Yes, including children's menu
- Wheelchair access: With difficulty
- Nearest station: Truro Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating