An excellent burger restaurant offering a wide selection of organic burgers and side dishes, to eat in or take away. You'll find it tucked away behind the St Ives Arts Club.
Their use of organic produce extends to include their general ethos - for example, they have used reclaimed timber, whenever possible; use cardboard boxes as seats; and don't sell Coca-Cola type drinks - only organic soft drinks and juices.
Burgers range from a standard 'Blas Burger' - Cornish beef with salad & mayo; through various chicken options, such as 'Marinated Chicken Escalope with Lemon & Tarragon Mayo & Salad' to fish 'Char-grilled Mackerel Fillets with Beetroot and Horseradish Tzatziki' and vegetarian 'Blackbean Burger with Corn Salsa and Guacamole'. A look at their website, would do their extensive menu full justice.
Specials - generally including fish from the day boats, are listed on a blackboard.
Desserts include top-quality local ice cream.
- Food Style: Burgers - Top Quality
- Lunch: from early July to mid September 12.00-22.00
- Dinner: all week in season 17.30-21.30); mains about £10 to £12
- Seats: 30
- Wine: a short list has modest mark-ups; various beers and a good selection of soft drinks are also offered.
- Nearest station: St Ives Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L all week; mid November to mid December, plus early February