A good neighbourhood restaurant, set over two floors, offering a modern European-style menu with some fusion influences.
Starters such as 'Selection of Sushi, with Pickled Ginger and Dipping Sauces'; 'Crispy Duck Salad, Asian Herb Salad and Thai Dressing' and 'Deep-fried Crispy Squid with Cucumber Noodle Salad and Soy and Honey Dressing' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Saffron and Parmesan Risotto Cake, Roasted Aubergine, Creamed Spinach, Grilled Field Mushrooms, Parmesan and Pesto'; 'Fillet of Cornish Beef, with Rosti Potatoes, and a Pepper and Brandy Sauce' and 'Crispy-skinned Fillet of Sea Bass, with Saffron, Mussel and King Prawn Paella with Grilled Chorizo'
Interesting desserts might include 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Glazed Lemon Tart with Passion Fruit Ice Cream'; while the more savoury-toothed might be tempted by their selection of Cornish cheeses with home-made biscuits and chutney.
Local fish figures prominently, and you can order fresh lobster and seafood platters, if you give advance notice.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Dinner: all week; 18.00-22.00; mains about £16 to £23; set D Mon-Thurs £16 (2 courses, £19 (3 courses)
- Seats: 40
- Wine: a concise, but well-thought-out list, offers good choice by the glass
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Falmouth Harbour
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L all week, some Bank Holidays