An award-winning restaurant, specialising in Bangladeshi food - so dishes rely heavily on the tandoor; although all the expected 'formula' curries are on offer - but cooked to a high standard.
They make good use of local produce, such as lamb, salmon and trout. There are plenty of vegetarian options and a few Thai dishes are also offered.
They have a branch in St. Andrews called 'Balaka'; (see entry) in whose garden many of their herbs and vegetables are grown.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat; 12.00-15.00; mains £8.50-£14.95
- Dinner: Mon-Sat; 17.00-24.00; mains £8.50-£14.95
- Wine: a short list is backed up with lager-type beer, perhaps more suitable for curry
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Dundee
- Directions: see the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Sun; some Bank Holidays