« back to restaurants search results
Verandah Indian Restaurant17 Dalry Road, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH11 2BQ
A good Indian restaurant, and relaxing place to eat - certainly among the city's best, for curry lovers. As well as the expected 'formula' list of curry and tandoori dishes, they have a particularly strong vegetarian section and offer a couple of unusual fresh water fish dishes - with the main ingredient being flown in from the Sylhet region of north-eastern Bangladesh.
Desserts, are not the main reason for a visit, but might include the usual Indian-style ice creams, plus fresh lychee and pineapple.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.15; set L £5.95; mains £4.95-£12.95
- Dinner: all week 17.00-24.00; mains £4.95-£12.95
- Wine: a concise list travels the world, even including a couple of bottles from Canada. Prices are modest, and they offer good lager-type beer
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Waverley
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Sat & Sun; some Bank Holidays