A good restaurant specialising in the cooking of Northern India and Kashmir, but also offering some unusual Arabic dishes.
The atmosphere resembles the interior of a large desert tent, which contrasts starkly with the red flock wallpaper reminiscent of many Indian eateries.
Although you'll find all the expected safe options, if you're bold, the cooking combines interesting mixes of flavours - particularly in some of their Arabic dishes. 'Halabcha' is particularly recommended to those liking spicy flavours, and perhaps 'Potahari Sangam' (minced lamb, wrapped in puri) for those preferring less heat.
A good time seems to be had by all.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week; 12.00-14.00
- Dinner: all week; 17.30-24.00
- Seats: 80
- Wine: a concise list is supplemented by lager-type beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Leith
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays