Set in a Georgian building with a splendid triple-domed ceiling, this award-winning Indian restaurant offers food that lives up to its surroundings.
The menu is based on the cooking of Bengal and North India so many of the dishes will sound familiar to those in your local take-away. But expect cooking standards of a high level and friendly service to match.
Prices are reasonable for the standard offered and ordering is made easier, as 'chili' symbols denote the heat of the listed dishes.
They sometimes hold special Bangladeshi food nights see their web page for details.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-23.00; mains about £9 to £21 (including rice)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-23.00, Sat & Sun 12.00-23.00; set D £19.95; mains about £9 to £21 (including rice)
- Seats: 170
- Wine: a concise list is backed-up with good lager-type beer
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Bath Spa Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned