This village local offers good food and comfortable accommodation.
Lunch ranges from snacks such as 'Steamed Cornish Mussels in Lemongrass' and 'Stapleton Salt Beef and Horseradish Sandwich' to more substantial dishes such as 'Local Pork and Leek Sausages with Mash and Onion Gravy'.
The evening brings more options, with perhaps 'Roe Deer Burger with Hand Cut Chips and Salad' and 'Fillet of Hake, New Potatoes and Chive Hollandaise'.
If you're tempted, there are desserts such as 'Rich Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Slow-cooked Pineapple with Exotic Fruit Salad and Passion Fruit Sorbet' - while the more savoury-toothed might enjoy their selection of local cheeses.
Children of under 8, have their own short menu, which is available at lunchtime and early evening.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-15.00; mains about £10 to £15
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-22.00; mains about £12 to £19
- Wine: a concise, but interesting list has modest mark ups
- Children's portions: Yes, plus children's menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Gillingham Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available