A good bistro-style restaurant, specialising in fresh seasonal food made from local produce.
Starters such as 'Fish Soup with Rouille and Croûtes'; 'Salad of Duck Breast and Parma Ham with Olives and home-made Chutney' and 'Grilled local Goats' Cheese with sun-dried Tomatoes and Toasted Brioche' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Fillet of Pork with Salsa, roasted Tomatoes and a Peppercorn Sauce'; 'Veal Cutlet with Mushrooms and Masala' or 'Fillet of Hake with Crayfish Tails, Caper Berries and Herb Butter'.
If you still have room you might be tempted by 'Somerset Apple Cake with Butterscotch Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'Iced Ginger Meringue with Cappuccino Cream' or their selection of farm-house cheeses.
Vegetarians have plenty of choice at each stage.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Closed
- Dinner: Tues-Sat, from 19.00
- Seats: 24
- Wine: a concise list, travels the world, kicking off at £12.25. It's helpfully listed by type.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Castle Cary
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L all week; all Sun & Mon; Bank Holidays