« back to restaurants search results
Fieldhead Hotel; Horizons RestaurantPortuan Road, Hannafore, West Looe, Looe, Cornwall, PL13 2DR
Find this popular restaurant, with splendid views over Looe Bay, at Fieldhead Hotel (q.v.).
The kitchen specialises in locally-produced food, especially fish from the local day boats.
Starters, such as Cream of Mushroom Soup with Amontillado Sherry; Dartmouth Smoked Salmon Parcels, filled with Prawns and Crème Fraiche and Mozzarella and Crispy Bacon Salad with a Balsamic glaze set the style for starters.
Perhaps to be followed by Fillet of Brill, baked with Mixed Herbs and Black Pepper Butter; Pan-fried Pork Fillet and Black Pudding with a Tarragon and Dijon Mustard Sauce; Helston Farm Beef Fillet with Cumberland Sauce or Roasted Aubergine, with a Garlic and Herb Couscous stuffing and a Parmesan Crust.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by Chocolate Fudge Cake with Hot Chocolate Sauce; Apricots in Brandy or Treacle Sponge Pudding.
Sunday lunch is a particular bargain.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Sun 12.00-13.30; set L Sun £15
- Dinner: all week 18.00-20.30; set L £21 (any 2 courses), £28 (4 courses)
- Seats: 40
- Wine: a concise list, travels the world, and kicks off at around the £18 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Looe
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes, adequate
- Closed: L Mon-Sat
- Outside eating
- Rooms available