« back to restaurants search results
Norfolk Arms28 Leigh Street, Bloomsbury, London, London, WC1H 9EP
A good gastro pub, retaining many of its original Victorian fittings; but looking rather out of place, as the central bar resembles a deli counter with clusters of hanging charcuterie.
Spanish dishes are the order of the day, and these are cooked to a high standard.
About 30 tapas varieties are on offer, as well as more substantial fare such as 'Pan-Fried Sea Bass Fillet with Purple Broccoli, Lemon and Anchovy Butter'; 'Confit Duck Leg with Spiced Red Cabbage' and 'Wild Boar Sausage, Mash and Mushroom Jus'.
A few desserts, such as 'Apple and Rhubarb Oat Crumble' and 'Brazil Nut Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream' compete with 'Cropwell Stilton with Quince Jelly and Oat Biscuits'.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.30-15.00; Sun 12.30-22.00; mains £9.50 to £12.50
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30-22.15; Sun 12.30-22.00; mains £9.50 to £12.50
- Wine: an interesting list covers the world, but has its roots in Spain, and kicks off at £12
- Nearest station: Russell Square or Kings Cross
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Sat, some Bank Holidays