Part of a small chain of upmarket steakhouses, offering carefully sourcing their beef from traditional British breeds - much of it from top-class producers.
To get your tastebuds going, there are various starters ranging from 'Grilled Bone Marrow with Slow-Cooked Shallots on Toast' for the steak minded - through ''Half a Dozen Oysters' or Half a Lobster with Garlic & Hazelnut Butter' to 'Salt-Baked Beetroot with Childwickbury Goats Cheese' or 'Pickled Girolles with Lentils & Watercress Salad'.
As well as a splendid selection of steak cuts - mains also list items such as 'Grilled Fish' (changing with the markets); 'Grilled Free-Range Chicken'; 'Grilled Bacon Chop with Two Fried Eggs' and 'Pearl Barley with Autumn Vegetables & Childwickbury'.
Lunchtime brings the addition of a Buger with Triple-Cooked Chips & Salad.
They also have a popular Bar area - their cocktails having a considerable reputation.
- Food Style: Steaks
- Lunch: ll week 12.00-15.00 (Sun 16.30); mains about £12 to £50; Express Menu £24 (2 courses), £27 (3 courses); Sun Roast £19.50
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.00-22.30 (Fri & Sat 23.00); mains about £12 to £50; Express Menu £24 (2 courses), £27 (3 courses)
- Seats: 200
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off in the low £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Covent Garden Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D Sun, 24th to 26th Dec